HOUSE CONCERT SERIES
HOUSE CONCERT (hows KAWN sert) n. (as described by T.R. Ritchie)
1) A live performance before an assemblage of music enthusiasts by a musical artist or artists in a private residence or equivalent setting, sometimes held in conjunction with other festivities, i.e. potluck supper, song circle or jam session.
2) A unique opportunity to experience a favorite performer, up close and personal, without musical amplification or other artificial barriers between the performer and listener.
3) A superior alternative to those noisome, crowded, hard-to-get-to venues downtown.
4) In rural and/or suburban communities, sometimes the only option
for hearing live music locally at all.
5) An interesting addition to the itinerary of the touring musician.
6) A lively, economical antidote for NEHAH (Nothing Ever Happens Around Here) Syndrome.
Mountain Arts and Music hosts travelling musicians in House Concert Format. The schedule is dependent on musician schedules, but we try to host a House Concert every month between September and May.
We ask any interested person to RSVP for the house concert, and at that time, details will be provided re directions to location, start time, etc.
A $15 donation is requested for all house concerts.